CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Chessbase 17 a total fail

I just tried Chessbase 17 last night. Installed, but on launching the app, was presented was a rendering error and the additional Crossover components install for Edge was another fail. Once the app was installed, I could activate, but the game board was not rendering and the window management (which is marginal on a native Windows box) was not happy being in CrossOver.

Not a tester, but giving it zero stars.

Does anyone have any ideas on chessbase 17? Specifically, there is a request during the installation to "Install additional CrossOver Components" with a yes/no button. If you click yes, it will fire up some "Edge" icons and then a terminal window with a message that there was a critical error installing it. So, if you don't confirm that install, chessbase does install, but gets an error "CBase17 X Renderboard exception5". Then the chess board has no pieces rendered. Then it seems any window that comes up is dead, i.e., you can not move it around. It looks like previous versions of chessbase (i.e., v15) are listed in the support pages. But chessbase 17 is not working. I tried installing it in a Windows 11 bottle and a windows 10 64bit bottle. Same behavior in both.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzE1NzkzNDc5LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNTdFcGtzZ1dCTHA0dnBnVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9