CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Excel 2016 - Crossover : 22.1.1-1 - DDE failure

Hi everyone.

I successfully install Excel 2016 with Crossover 22.1.1-1 on my kubuntu 22.04.
When I open a file (xls or xlsx) directly from Excel it's working fine.
But when I try with file Browser or with Firefox, all the time, the file not open and when I close Excel I have a DDE error "Dynamic data exchange failure (DDE)"

Any idea ?

Thanks for help

Same here.
"DDE failure" box appears when I try to open a .xlsx file from the file-browser in Office 365 EXCEL.
Plus, if you try to use scrollbars, both vertical and horizontal, the scrolling kind of gets stuck and takes a long pause before jumping to the end.

I get this error every time I try to open a file. This is on Crossover 23.6.0

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzE1MTc3Njg1LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY0g3dnhYQlBtNEZaOWFNQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9